Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lisa Cant

Interview

How do you use ASW and what's your favorite site feature?

Lisa Cant : Just to keep in touch with people I don’t see that often. And I love looking at everyone’s picture.

What's your best ASW anecdote?

LC: While I was on a photo shoot for Vogue magazine, the photographer received an invite for ASW. He ended up stopping the shoot for three quarters of an hour, exploring the site and creating a profile, with the help of the Vogue assistant. The rest of us just watched as he was more interested in the site than shooting pictures!

What are some of the recent advertising campaigns in which you've appeared?

LC: I'm in the new Juicy Couture perfume and clothing ads. I’m also in the Van Cleef & Arpels ads.

You walk in many of the top fashion shows. Name some of your favorite fashion designers with whom you have worked.

LC: In New York Michael Kors is so much fun to work with; the show is always so exciting and his clothes are amazing!

What makes you happiest?

LC: Sleeping in late.

Where is your favorite travel destination?

LC: Costa Rica… surfing and the beach!

What is your greatest vice?

LC: I love sleeping 12 hours straight.

What are your three favorite restaurants?

LC: Il Violino (NYC), Mezzogiorno (NYC) and Café Ruc (Paris)

What are your three favorite hotels?

LC: Amanpuri Resort (Phuket), Hotel Westminster (Paris) and Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel (Tokyo)

What is your favorite museum or gallery?

LC: The Metropolitan Museum of Art

What is your favorite beach?

LC: Tamarindo Beach, Costa Rica

What film has had the greatest effect on you? Why?

LC: I always watch Legends of the Fall because it was filmed where I’m from in Canada and it’s nice to see the mountains.

What is your favorite book?

LC: Watership Down by Richard Adams

What cause is closest to your heart? Why?

LC: I sponsor a child in Egypt through Plan USA. It’s a great charity because you can see the individual you are helping and send him little presents throughout the year.

What's one thing you would like to change about yourself?

LC: I would like to do more in my spare time. But it’s so nice just relaxing with friends...

What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

LC: I lost my passport in Paris and post 9/11, managed to fly to New York with an American birth certificate and an expired Canadian learner's license! I ended up spending five hours in US customs, but I made it!

Who is your favorite historical figure?

LC: Sir Isaac Newton

What upsets you the most?

LC: Cancelled flights

What is your favorite bar or club?

LC: Gramercy Bar in NYC

What gadget can't you live without?

LC: I would have said my BlackBerry; however, I just managed three weeks without it in Asia. So… my iPod.

What are you most afraid of?

LC: Mice and rats

Were do you love to shop?

LC: Miu Miu, Intermix and Barneys

What are the top three songs on your iPod right now?

LC: Jenny Was a Friend of Mine' by The Killers
'Have You Ever Seen The Rain?' by Creedence Clearwater Revival
'My Love' by Justin Timberlake


—- Sabine Heller

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home